Coronavirus outbreak preparation
In light of information being released by the government and others regarding best practice in the event of a Coronavirus outbreak, we would like to share with you the steps we have taken as a business in order to mitigate its potential impact.
Should a situation arise whereby we were unable to use our office; for example, should a member of our staff contract Coronavirus and we are advised to quarantine for a number of days, we will action the following.
- Staff will work from home
- Access to all critical business systems will be maintained
- Telephone access will be maintained (Emergency numbers will be circulated in the event of the office phone lines being unobtainable)
We will, to all intents and purposes, be working as if we were in the office as usual. Providing our full range of support services to our customers, along with all normal sales and administration functions- all operating without interruption.
Have you considered the potential impact Coronavirus could have on your own ability to do business? Many of our clients already have some ability to work remotely, but for those that don’t, please see some things to check/consider.
Things to check / consider:
- Do you have the ability to access all of your critical business systems from outside the office?
- Do you have enough licenses to cover ALL your key staff necessary to allow the business to function in a prolonged period of unavailable access to your office?
- Do these staff have suitable equipment to provide long-term access? (Note: use of personal/home PCs & laptops may have an implication with your GDPR and / or security policy.)
- Does your business have the appropriate security and GDPR policies in place to manage remote access and working from outside of the office?
- Does your business insurance cover you for increased costs of working / business interruption due to your business premises being unavailable because of infectious diseases? (We ask this as talking to our broker, many standard business insurances and even specific business interruption polices do not cover this eventuality!)
If you have any concerns, or wish to talk about your options, please call us on 01905 758 900 or email us via email@example.com.